Thursday, July 30, 2009

My food is better than Rachel Ray's, and again I apologize if it does not send you into cardiac arrest.



















So ok... baking is my business.... but I am an awesome cook. My husband is pretty amazing too... but hell I am flying by the seat of my pants here...so if I'm going to do this wife/mom thing...why not document it right? Plus, you may get some pretty good meals out of it as well....

One thing... you can make my yum yums but if you reprint my recipes I will rip your (inset male or female jewels here) off.

Oh and I am not going to write the little inventory of what you need for the recipe, just read the directions and figure it out.

Fancy Italian Egg Dinner over mixed greens from heaven.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and Pam or butter a glass pie plate to avoid sticking.

  • Start with 8 eggs in a medium glass mixing bowl. This is good for 2 people but you can easily manipulate and add for a bigger baking pan.
  • Whisk the eggs together as you would for an omelet, add 2 teaspoons of water and whisk again.
  • we do things buy eye, but for you "measurers" out there add a teaspoon of Kosher salt, then go do your cross.
  • add 2 teaspoons of chopped basil
  • a splash of hot red pepper flakes. I do not know why, but these will go in just about every recipe I ever post here. It's an Nana's "just because".
  • garlic powder to taste (a dash for you white people)
  • Pepper to taste
Now whisk that all together and set it aside.
  • slice about 6 cherry tomatoes in half
  • a handful of kalamata olives pitted and sliced
  • a handful of sun dried tomato's sliced
set aside the olives and tomatoes in a bowl.
Pour the egg mixture into your greased pie plate and place the sliced cherry tomatoes to your liking. Put in the oven for 20 minutes.

Greens:

  • Use whatever greens you like for your salad, wash the amount you need and spin a salad spinner to dry. Set aside.
  • Pour slightly under 1/4 of a cup of olive oil
  • add 1/8 of a cup of balsamic GLAZE, not vinegar, GLAZE to the oil.
  • a pinch of mustard powder (this is potent, do not use alot)
  • a pinch of garlic powder
whisk all of these ingredients together. once well blended add 3 drops of honey and whisk together and set aside.

Place your dried greens in a large bowl and pour your vinaigrette over the salad. I like to follow the lead of my English language experts at the Pax salad bars in mid-town Manhattan and use tongs to mix my greens. It certainly does get the job done, and quick I must say.

Add your sun dried tomatoes and olives and toss evenly.

*DING*

  • take the baby off the kitchen table
  • set your place settings and serve your man. YEAH RIGHT. LOL

Your eggs should be fully cooked, poke to make sure they are. Plate your greens, cut a beautiful slice of your eggs and place wherever you like. I like to add some Pecorino Romano for some kick but you don't have to.

I am no Jacques Pepin, and sometimes I think my husband may love me a tad more if I said "Oleave Oieeeellllllll" they way he does.....

Enjoy......

1 comment:

  1. I love the way Jacques Pepin says olive oil. I talk like him sometimes when cooking just to amuse myself. Nobody else gets it except my mom. Everyone else just thinks I'm nuts. His shows with Julia Child are classic.

    By the way I got here through a link Alicia sent me and I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete