Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ooey gooey in St. Louis...


So I am DYING to make this recipe since having it in St. Louis last week. However, my current residence at the Holiday Inn Express doesn't allow for me to baking my little heart out....... so for now, I must be content with sharing the recipe in hopes that one of you will try it.

Now I am not big on cake mix and instantly thought "I will use my own yellow cake recipe" but unless I dehydrate my batter which I will not be doing, it will not work. So please follow the recipe as I found it and enjoy an amazing American treat.

St. Louis Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
  • 1 Yellow Cake Mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    1. Mix Cake mix, one egg, and 1/2 cup butter till crumbly
    1. Press inot a 10x13 cake pan
    2. Beat two eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla
    3. Mix well and pour over crust layer
    4. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
    5. Don't overbake, it will be gooey and will set up some as it cools.
recipe care of grouprecipes.com

xoxo,
d

No comments:

Post a Comment